Steam is one of the most well-recognized and used gaming platforms around the globe, and reasonably so. Even though the platform is aptly optimized, you can face an error stating “Preparing to launch.” If you are facing the same, then read through the blog to fix it immediately. So, here are the instructions to fix Steam’s preparing to launch error.
Verify Game Cache
- First of all, you have to launch Steam on your system.
- After that, go to the Library and launch the game collection.
- You should select the game in which you have an issue and right-click on it.
- Navigate to the Properties option.
- You have to choose the Local files button.
- Now, beneath the Local files button, select Verify integrity game of files option.
Clean Booting Windows 10
If you want to clean booting Windows 10, then you can follow the provided steps.
- Get started by pressing Win + R keys at once on the keyboard to launch System Configuration screen.
- After that, go to the Run dialog box and enter ‘msconfig.’
- Now, select OK.
- Navigate to the General option and select the Selective startup.
- You have to untick the Load startup things box; it will prevent every third-party program from opening on startup.
- Go to ‘Use original boot configuration.’
- You should select ‘Load system services.’
- Then select the Services button.
- Navigate to Services button, select ‘Hide all Microsoft services.’
- You have to choose ‘Disable all’ to untick every leftover third-party service.
- Hit the Apply button.
- Thereafter hit OK and exit the System Configuration screen.
- Now, reboot the system to save the changes.
Update the Graphic Card, DirectX, and Audio Drivers
The ‘Preparing to launch’ error, and additional error messages, bugs, and glitches can occur because of outdated or corrupted system drivers. Keeping the drivers up to date is the finest method to stop these issues from coming. You should be able to update system drivers manually, but it may be complicated and time-consuming.
Update Windows 10
Firstly, you have to ensure that you are running the newest version of Windows 10. Normally, the Windows Update service will automatically update the system, and you will not require to browse or install the manual updates. On the other hand, when you have installed the previous Windows version or disable automatic updates. then make sure to check the newer updates and install.
Check the Missing updates, pursue the steps:
- Go to Cortana’s box and enter ‘updates.’
- After that, select Check for updates.
- Now, navigate to a new screen and press the Check for updates option.
Install Steam Client Software
If you want to install the Steam client software, then pursue the instruction given below.
- First and foremost, select the File Explorer and launch the Steam folder.
- After that, you should choose Steamapps and hit the Copy option.
- Then choose a folder you would like to copy Steamapps to and then paste it into the new folder.
- You have to exit the File Explorer.
- Navigate to the Run dialog section, input ‘appwiz’ and select OK.
- Thereafter select Steam and choose Uninstall.
- After installing the program, reboot the system.
- Finally, navigate to the Steam download screen and select Install Steam.
Aida Martin has diverse interests that range from writing to video games. She has always had a strong passion for writing. She likes to write about games, tech events, security, and whitepapers. Her vast and varied knowledge aided by her supreme writing skills, have made her a powerful writer at mcafee.com/activate.