In this modern household, versatile and faster network connectivity is a vital element. Now everyone wants more as they not only need PC and Ethernet cables, but also the wireless internet connectivity. Wireless type of network connections can pair a number of devices for employing similar connectivity at a far distant place along with the sharing of documents. Though the present trend favours the wireless network connections as they offer comfort to users, wired connections can have the upper hand while concerning the network security and higher loading speed rate.
Here is a brief description of the pros and cons of both of the networks namely wireless and wired networks:
- Merits of Wireless Network as compared to Wired one
- You can have free movement within the range of network connectivity paired with the different devices and render the internet connections.
- You can share documents with different platforms which are paired with this network as it doesn’t require the cable wiring.
- Assuming you are in the cafeteria, then you can access the wireless network available over there.
- Sometimes, it can maintain the massive data of many users, so it has the unlimited connection ports.
- Using this network, you can quickly transfer the information to the social media platforms.
- Demerits of Wireless Network as compared to Wired one
- You have to invest much money to establish this network despite the fact that the router machines have the inbuilt wireless capacity.
- Sometimes, it is tough to use it for those who don’t have the experience with the PCs.
- In this, the speed to transfer the documents is usually lesser as compared to that of the wired networks. But it can be changed as per the location.
- On an average, the internet speed of the wireless network is generally much lesser than that by the Wired network. It also relies on your position with respect to the router.
- It can be restricted by the constraints of walls and ceilings etc.
- It is relatively less safe as compared to that in wired one. If the passcode of the network is not secured enough, then anybody can steal the bandwidth of the wireless connections.
Nowadays, gadgets and devices including the handheld tools are developed for the wireless network connectivity so that they can avoid the use of the cable. The developer doesn’t mind the security concerns, but they look for the comfort of the users.
Aida Martin is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. She writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs, and websites.