DirectX helps improve the gaming experience of users, but the tool can encounter errors as well. DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG is one of such errors. If the user is suffering from the same, then he should read through the post. So, here are the steps to fix the error.
Upgrade the Graphic Card Driver
In case the user wishes to upgrade the graphics card driver, then they can pursue the mentioned instructions.
- Navigate to the Windows search on your system.
- After that, input the Device Manager into it and hit the Enter key.
- You should spread out the Display adapters and select the graphics card you are running.
- Select and right-click on it. Then choose the Update Driver option.
- Select the ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’ option and allow Windows to install the latest version of the driver.
- Now, reboot the system.
Roll-Back, the Drivers
In case the user wants to roll back the drivers, then abide by the provided steps.
- Go to the Window Search on your system.
- Thereafter, spread out the Display adapters and select the graphics card you are running.
- Choose it and right-click on it and choose the Properties option.
- Reach the Driver tab and select it.
- Now, choose the Rollback driver. Select from the options given and tap Yes.
Upgrade the DirectX
In case the user wishes to upgrade the DirectX, then they can pursue the mentioned instructions.
- Navigate to the ‘DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer’ screen of Microsoft.
- You should click on your desired language and download the app.
- Go to the location of the downloaded file, twice click on it and continue with the on-screen steps.
- Now, begin the game and look at whether solved the problem.
Turn off the Sound Card
In case the user wants to turn off the sound card, then abide by the provided steps.
- Navigate to the Device Manager and spread out the ‘Sound, video and Audio Device’ option.
- Go to the sound card device and right-click on it and click on the Disable option.
- Now, check whether the issue continues.
Delete Pairs of RAM Sticks
Since the system can’t work with RAM, you require to take one of the sticks out and look in case there is an issue continues. Moreover, take both sticks out and move their slot location.
Modify the settings in the Nvidia Control Panel
In case the user wishes to modify the settings in the Nvidia Control Panel, then they can pursue the mentioned instructions.
- Go to the 3D settings option and then select the Adjust image settings with preview option.
- Beneath the Preview section, check the box of ‘Use advanced 3D image settings’ and hit the Apply button.
- After that, reach the left-hand side panel, choose the Manage 3D settings.
- Beneath the Program Settings section, choose the Add option and select the performable of the game you are having issues with.
- Go to the ‘Select the preferred graphics processor for this program’ drop-down section and select the ‘High-performance NVIDIA processor’ option.