The Red Dead Redemption 2 PC / RDR2 PC error may trigger on your PC while trying to launch the game. The video game was launched recently, and the game is getting too popular among the gaming nerds. Some users are experiencing issues with the game, and they failed to play it on their PC, but you might be missing some essential configuration or resources on your device that are required to start the program. Several users have noticed that when they try to start the game, it crashes frequently and fails to launch. While users double-click the game icon to start it again, they see that game often stops before even starting completely, and they land back to the desktop screen. Many developers have shared their opinion about this error message, and according to them, it triggers due to outdated or corrupted video card drivers.
Moreover, user-defined edits in third-party security utility can also lead to RDR2 PC Error. In case you are facing the same error message on your PC, you can easily get rid of it by following the solution mentioned in this article. Let’s get started:
Solutions to Solve the Red Dead Redemption 2 PC / RDR2 PC Error
Method 1: Updating the Videos Card Drivers
Some outdated, corrupted, and missing video card drivers can lead to the Red Dead Redemption 2 PC / RDR2 PC error on your device. In order to solve the issue, you have to update the drivers of your PC’s video card. In case you are finding it hard to update, follow the guide mentioned down here:
- Tap the Start + S keys altogether on your keyboards to trigger the Windows search menu.
- Then put in the devmgmt.msc command into the search bar field.
- You will then see the Device Manager in the available results.
- So double click on that to open it.
- Now, the Device Manager will show up, and you have to look for the Display adapters and then perform a double-click on that.
- In the Display adapters list, make a right-click on either AMD or NVIDIA graphics driver.
- Then head to the Update driver option.
- Thereafter, you would see two different options to choose from, and you have to select the option that says Browse my computer for driver software.
- Now, head to the Let me pick of available drivers on my computer option on the lower of the window.
- In the succeeding window, choose your graphics driver and its Model when asked to do so.
- Finally, hit on the Next icon.
Next, just wait for the process to download, install, and wrap the driver update process. Once done, reboot the device to see the changes and see if the error is resolved or not.
Method 2: Remove Third-Party Antivirus Program
If you are still facing the same Red Dead Redemption 2 PC / RDR2 PC issue, then it could be caused by a third-party antivirus. So all you need to do is uninstall it from your PC, and then your game will run without any interruptions. See the following instructions to easily remove a third party security utility from your Windows PC:
- Make a Right-click on the Windows logo icon on the lower-left corner of the screen.
- Head to Settings.
- Then head to the option saying Apps and features.
- Head to Uninstall a program option.
- Find your third party security utility.
- When found, head to it and then pick the Uninstall option.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to finish the ongoing process.
- Reboot the computer and then see if the error is still occurring.
Method 3: Launch the Red Dead Redemption 2 with admin privileges
In case the Red Dead Redemption 2 PC / RDR2 PC error still persists, see the below steps to open it with admin permissions which could possibly fix the issue:
- Open the file location of the game by right-clicking on its icon and then choosing the Open file location option.
- When you manage to get there, make a right-click on the RDR2.exe file.
- Then proceed to the option saying Properties using the drop-down options.
- When the properties windows appear, jump to the Compatibility tab using the upper tabs.
- Now make sure that the option that says Disable Fullscreen Optimizations and Run this Program as an Administrator are selected.
- Finally, head to Apply and then proceed to the OK option.
Method 4: Upgrading the Launcher of Rockstar Games
- Close all apps related to the Rockstar Games, which are presently running.
- Afterward, make sure that the Rockstar Games Launcher is closed as well.
- You could use the Task Manager utility to close all processes related to the Rockstar Games.
- Now, reboot the Rockstar Games Launcher and then proceed to update it if any new update is available.
Method 5: Clean the Local Profile of Rockstar Games Launcher
- First and foremost, head to the Rockstar Games Launcher and then start it.
- When the launcher appears, head to its Settings.
- Then proceed to the Account Information option.
- In the succeeding window, go to Delete Local ProfileNote to clean all details of your present profile on your PC. Keep in mind that it would not delete any social or saved game points.
- Next, press the Confirm option to complete the process.
- Reboot the launcher.
- At last, make your way to the Red Dead Redemption 2 PC icon and then see if the Red Dead Redemption 2 PC / RDR2 PC error persists.
Aida Martin has diverse interests that range from writing to video games. She has always had a strong passion for writing. She likes to write about games, tech events, security, and whitepapers. Her vast and varied knowledge aided by her supreme writing skills, have made her a powerful writer at webroot.com/safe.