Virizion is the new legendary raid boss to join the tier five raids of the particular set also known as the Sword of Justice which has been introduced in Pokémon Go. It is a grass type Pokémon that is quite weak to fire, poison, ice, psychic and fairy type moves. The Swords of Justice from which Virizion belongs represents Aramis, the female and romantic member of the group. They are based on The Three Musketeers such as Cobalion representing Athos who is the oldest and de facto leader of this group along with Terrakion serving Porthos as the most influential member of the group and Keldeo representing d’Artagnan as the new young inclusion to the group. Even though the stats of Virizion is not so impressive, yet it could be used wisely, but you have to know the best counters for it.
Best counters for Virizion
- You can opt Moltres which is sufficient to counter Virizion with wing attack and sky attack and when it comes to flying type damage per second, Moltres is considered to be one of the best due to the combination of the power of sky attack along with high attack stats. It is useful even when you have one with overheat in combating Virizion.
- Rayquaza with Air Slash and Aerial Ace is also very much strong against Virizion as it one of the best premier dragon type attackers in Pokémon Go. Rayquaza will serve you best in this raid as there are fewer opportunities to catch it and also it is powerful against the leaf blade and close combat of Virizion.
- HonchKrow with peck and sky attack is very powerful when it comes to combat Virizion and does it work quickly.
- Unfezant with Air slash and sky attack is a new addition to the game but can do massive damage to Virizion as it has good damage per second stat which makes it easy to catch Virizion at a high level and combat it.
- When it comes to combat Virizion successfully, Mewtwo having confusion and Psy strike move sets is the best non-flying type attacker to give a tough fight to Virizion and not only this the charged move psychic also increase the capacity of Mewtwo to combat Virizion.
- Lugia lacks in a flying type fast move but has high resistant power due to which it appears as in an incredible potent tank, and you can stay longer in the battle with the help of this Pokémon.
- Togekiss, which is the final evolution of Togepi, can take advantage of the weakness of Virizion when it comes to flying types while resisting close fight. It has the power of Air Slash and Aerial Ace which makes it robust against Virizion.
Backups against Virizion
There are plenty of reserves from which you can choose to counter Virizion even if you don’t have the dynamic team. You can choose your move sets from the following:-
- You can use Espeon with confusion and psychic against Virizion and can win the game easily; however, Latios with Zen Headbutt and psychic will also be a good move set to combat Virizion.
- Another move set about which you can think could be Staraptor with wing attack and a brave bird that has decent flying damage per second stat and even a less prepared trainer can use it conveniently.
- Rosearade with poison jab and sludge bomb can do an excellent job to do damages while combating with Virizion and so very much useful in the game.
- Charizard with fire spin and the legacy move blast burn makes this Pokémon one of the most potent fire type attackers and prove its worth to stand against Virizion successfully.
- Chandelure with fire spin and overheat is ghost and fire type Pokémon which is boosted by fog and sunny weather. It is a great Pokémon to use as a ghost type, and its performance is excellent in this form. However, you can also think to opt for Exeggutor, which has the legacy move sets of confusion and psychic when it comes to combat Virizion.
- Whenever you decide to combat Virizion, you should think intensely over the weak points of this Pokémon and then choose the move sets accordingly as it is not tough to take down Virizion. Raid can be handled with a team of even 2 or 3 players with active flying type attackers, but you must be careful that the weather should be partly cloudy and you must have the charged move stone edge.
Aida Martin has diverse interests that range from writing to video games. She has always had a strong passion for writing. She likes to write about games, tech events, security, and whitepapers. Her vast and varied knowledge aided by her supreme writing skills, have made her a powerful writer at mcafee.com/activate.