Fortnite has been amongst the highest-rated game for a while now, and the game’s overall popularity does not seem to be dying. Even against a heavy competition against battle-royale games like PUBG and Apex Legends, Fortnite appears to hold its ground firmly. Developed by Epic Games, the game made its debut in 2017 and has been among the top-rated games ever since. The game has expanded its compatibility to Windows, Nintendo, macOS, PlayStation, Xbox One, Android, and iOS as well.
Recently the game dropped its latest and one of the most significant patch v10.40. While there are not may weapon addition or map changes, there are still several noteworthy additions to the game. Some of these additions are:
- Limited time mode.
- Adjusted aim assist for controllers.
- Skill-based matchmaking.
Going back to gameplay side, the game has brought back Bouncers with its latest patch. It will prevent players from taking fall damage by bouncing them into the air. The feature has been fan-favorite even though it has been out of the game for several seasons now. The limited-time mode is offered to help players improve their aim. It is named The Combine and will be helpful for the new players.
Epic Games has already showcased the most significant changes about the control customization and aim assist readjustments. The post also included the matchmaking changes and additions of bots in the game.
The changes and additions with the patch v10.4 notes are provided below:
Weapons and Items
- New audio visualizer option for proximity beeping.
- It will bounce off other players when thrown towards them.
- A rare trap.
- Will drops in stacks of 3.
- Can be found in the Vending Machines, Supply Drops, Floor Loot, and Llamas
- Can be put on walls, floors, or stairs/ramps.
- Offers a jump boost in a perpendicular direction from the placement.
- Enabled the Explosive Batarang and Batman Grapnel Gun in Tournament and Arena playlists.
- Health bar of vehicles bug.
- Junk Rift issue.
- Grapple Gun used to enter a Rift Zone.
- Zapper Trap problem.
- Shield Bubbles attachment issue.
Double XP Weekend!
You can get double XP from Friday, September 27 at 9 AM ET to Monday, September 30 at 9 AM ET for every match that you play.
Enhanced matchmaking process.
Better chances to match with players with similar skills.
Better Aim Assist and Sensitivity settings for controllers.
Crosshairs will turn red if the target is within an effective range.
- The objective of the mode is to facilitate player familiarity with the new controls.
- The objective is to get to the end while eliminating the targets in front of the way.
- Limited time war mode
- Zone Wars: Vortex
- Zone Wars: Desert
- Zone Wars: Downhill River
- Zone Wars: Colosseum
- Audio fixes
- UI fixes
- Starry Suburbs
- Moisty Palms
Aida Martin is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. She writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs, and websites.