There are different messages that gets displayed on the screen whenever your console is not able to update anymore. Some of such messages are:
- ‘Something went wrong’
- ‘Your Xbox is almost full’
- ‘There was a problem with the update’
The method of restarting and power cycling the Xbox One
- Firstly, you need to go through the D-pad of your controller.
- Then, choose to Restart this Xbox.
- Next, tap A switch of the controller with Restart this Xbox chosen.
- After that, give time to the console for restarting.
- Then, observe whether the update is over or not.
- Note that if the update doesn’t complete, then you have to shut down the Xbox.
- After unplugging the Xbox from the power, you need you to wait for half a
- Then, plug the Xbox and switch on.
- Next, check if the update is able to get completed.
- Note that if the update doesn’t get completed, then you have to reset the Xbox one.
The method of resetting the Xbox One
- Firstly, switch off your Xbox one.
- Then, remove it from power.
- Next, you need to wait for half a minute.
- After that, switch on the Xbox by plugging-in.
- On the Xbox One, keep pressing the bind and eject option.
- Continue pressing bind and eject option, then tap and leave the power switch.
- Again, keep pressing the bind and eject option till you hear the startup sound for one more time.
- Then, leave the bind and eject option.
- After that, choose the Reset this Xbox from the menu.
- Next, choose to keep the games and applications.
- Then, give some time for the process to get over.
- After that, give a try for updating the console one more time.
- Note that if still Xbox One is not getting updated, then the culprit might be the bad network.
Clear the storage by removing apps and games
- Firstly, visit the games and apps.
- Then, look for the games that you don’t require or you don’t use.
- Choose the one you wish to remove.
- Next, tap on the menu option.
- Then, Manage game or else Mange app.
- After that, choose Uninstall.
- Note that you need to do the above procedure again till you have made sufficient storage for doing the full update.
Ellen Cooper is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. She writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs, and websites.