Portable Document Format (PDF) is the layout of a file used to view documents in the electronic format. You can open, print, move, and share PDF documents with anyone. PDF includes pictures, video, audio, form fields, links, and buttons. Here you will get to know how to edit a PDF document on macOS.
Steps to Edit a PDF Document on macOS Through Preview
• Enable Highlight Tool in PDF
1. Go to the PDF document by clicking twice on it.
2. Now, the preview page gets open on display after clicking on the PDF document.
3. Choose the Text which you wish to highlight.
4. Press on the Highlight option.
5. Otherwise, select one of the colors by going to the pull-down list.
6. Underline the chosen text by using the same option.
• Add a Text Box to Your PDF Document
1. Launch the PDF document by clicking twice on it.
2. This starts showing the Preview window on the desktop.
3. Press on the Tools located in the menu box.
4. After that, select the Annotate option.
5. Click on the Text option.
6. It will add a text in the PDF document which you have chosen, and you need to click twice on the Text to edit a PDF document on macOS.
• Delete Pages from PDF
1. Click on the PDF document.
2. It will open the Preview menu on the desktop.
3. Press on the View Menu option.
4. Select the Thumbnails option.
5. You can re-order documents by pulling them on the side of the thumbnail textbox.
6. For rotating a document, choose the document in the thumbnails textbox.
7. After that, press on the Tools option.
8. Then, select the Rotate Left or Rotate Right option for rotating a document.
9. For removing a PDF document, choose the document in the thumbnail textbox.
10. After that, press on the Edit option.
11. Select the Delete option.
12. Otherwise, press on the Delete key provided on the system keyboard.
• Merge and Split PDF Documents
1. Launch the PDF document by pressing twice on it.
2. Press on the Edit option located in the menu box to edit a PDF document in macOS.
3. Select the Insert option.
4. Select the Page from file option.
5. Search for the PDF document which you wish to combine.
6. Now, launch the merged PDF document.
7. For the split procedure, pull the PDF document in the thumbnail textbox.
8. Place the PDF document on the desktop.
Aida Martin is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.