Let’s face it, nothing can be worse than getting away with the Internet connection. The previous minute you were delighted about writing a post, the very next moment you are served with an error message. You are many things altogether such as cursing your ISP and setting up the router box. Doing this will not connect your PC to the Internet.
Now before you start to pull out your hair like an animal, follow specific steps. Well, there is an exciting dinosaur that will jump over the hindrances, just press the spacebar.
How to connect your PC to the Web?
Get the help of Windows 10 Troubleshooter
- Do not underestimate Windows 10 as it comes up with detailed and important troubleshooter. Many people aren’t aware of its presences as it is really tucked up.
- To get it, simply open Windows settings and go to the Update and Security, Troubleshoot.
- You can treat these issues. First is Internet Connections.
- You can also go through the Windows update, Blue screen and Incoming Connections.
- Select any and tap Run Troubleshooter icon.
- If you have opted for Internet Connections options, then it will try to connect to Microsoft.com or to a specific site.
Turn the Firewall Off
Firewalls can be extremely difficult to maintain. You may find your internet working the previous minute and then you will see it blocking each sort of traffic. Switch off the firewall if you use any of them. There are chances that your net will be immediately backed.
- Tap Microsoft key to switch it off.
- When start menu pops up, enter the firewall and hit enter.
- There will be Turn Firewall on and off option.
- Tap that.
- You will now see the option to switch the whole of the firewall off.
- Disable firewall you have connection issues with.
- If there is no such issue, don’t touch the firewall.
Do something with your IP Address
- The net connection gets backed up at times, what you need to do is to reset IP address.
- Open Command Prompt window.
- Hit Microsoft key and R key at same time.
- Enter command when you see the Run Box. Type the following
Your IP address will get back to 0.0.0.0; you don’t have to worry about it as you have lost it temporarily. You will get a new one in a couple of minutes. Enter and the following command:
You will be assigned with a new IP address, and your Internet will be back. Saw an error message? Don’t worry, reboot your system and give it another try. Error messages are just to scare you a bit, but these can be fixed in seconds.
Turn your attention to the Local Area Network Settings
- You might be using Internet Explorer as the majority does, you can always try this option out:
- You will see a gear icon, tap on it then Tools>Internet Options>Connections>LAN settings.
- Disable the proxy server option and click Auto detect settings.
- Get done with your internet bill.
If none of those mentioned above options works then undoubtedly you have not paid your internet bill. They have deliberately disconnected your ISP. There is no substitute for it; you need to pay your bill.
Aida Martin is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. She writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs, and websites.