Are you staying over at a friend’s and want to find out their Wi-Fi password? Sometimes wireless network owners forget the password as their devices automatically get connected to the network whenever it is in range.
To combat this issue, Apple added a feature called Share Your Wi-Fi in iOS 11. This feature, which is also included in iOS 12, allows users to connect to other Wi-Fi networks even without entering the password. Let’s check out the process to share Wi-Fi password from iOS devices.
Sharing Wifi Passwords on iOS 11 and older versions
You can easily share the Wifi password with anyone from your iOS 11 or later device. Here are some prerequisites:
- iPhones should have iOS 11 or later versions.
- The person’s information must be saved in Contacts.
- Both iPhones must have Bluetooth turned on.
Here are the steps for sharing Wifi passwords from iPhone
- Ensure that iCloud Keychain is turned on.
- Go to Settings and tap on it.
- Hit your Apple ID located at the beginning of the Settings menu.
- Select iCloud.
- Select Keychain.
- Toggle the iCloud Keychain switch to On position.
- Go to the Mac.
- Open the Apple menu located in the upper right-hand edge of the screen.
- Choose System Preferences.
- Select iCloud.
- Note: iPhone and Mac need to be signed into the same iCloud account.
- Mark the square next to Keychain.
- Now, launch the Keychain Access App on the Mac.
- Press the command + space keys.
- Enter Keychain Access and tap the Return key.
- In the Search option, input the Wi-Fi network name.
- Double-click on the Wi-Fi network name.
- Place a checkmark next to the option called Show password.
- In the prompt that appears, key in the password used for logging into the Mac.
- The Wi-Fi network password can be seen in the Show password option.
Aida Martin is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. She writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs, and websites.